Theater J Trip to the Berkshires
Thursday, July 26 — Sunday, July 29, 2018
This trip is a unique opportunity to experience a full weekend of theater-going with Artistic Director, Adam Immerwahr, Managing Director Rebecca Ende Lichtenberg and guest artists, in the beautiful Berkshires. Experience exciting theater with the highest caliber artists, exclusive conversations and behind-the scenes insights, wonderful meals, and opportunities to explore Williamstown, MA.
THE TRIP INCLUDES:
- Tickets to a world premiere musical, Lempicka, directed by Tony nominee Rachel Chavkin, featuring Tony nominee Carmen Cusack, and Seared, a new comedy by Theresa Rebeck, plus a reading of a new play, at the renowned Williamstown Theatre Festival.
- Tickets to see the hit-play A Doll’s House, Part 2, by Lucas Hnath at the award-winning Barrington Stage Company.
- A three-night stay at the elegant Orchards Hotel.
- Meals at the award-winning Gala Restaurant and Eat on North, home of former White House chef Ron Reda, plus breakfasts at Gala Restaurant, boxed lunches for the bus rides, and a glass of sherry on the return trip.
- Discussions led by Artistic Director, Adam Immerwahr, and Drew Lichtenberg, Literary Manager of The Shakespeare Theatre Company, including pre- and post-performance learning sessions on the bus ride up and back, post-show conversations over drinks, and an opportunity to meet artists involved in the productions.
- An optional visit to the distinguished Clark Art Institute or astounding MASS MoCA.
- Time to explore and have lunch in downtown Williamstown, MA.
- Round-trip travel to and from DC, and to all destinations, on a private coach provided by the first-class A1 Limousine Service.
RATES AND REGISTRATION
Double Rooms: $1,299 Per Person / Single Rooms: $1,599 Per Person
Registration Deadline – April 27: $350 (non-refundable)
Final Payment – Due May 31, 2018
Space is limited and reservations are first-come, first served.
Any special accommodations that are needed must be submitted prior to registration to Rebecca Ende Lichtenberg at Rebecca@theaterj.org.
The price of the trip includes round-trip transportation, a three-night hotel stay, all theater tickets, three dinners, three lunches and three breakfasts. This trip is priced as a package and cannot be pro-rated. Lunch on Friday, museum admission, room service, alcoholic beverages and any other personal charges are not covered.
- Participants will need to arrive at the Edlavitch DCJCC (1529 Sixteenth Street, NW) by 8:30 am on Thursday, July 26 and will return to the DCJCC by approximately 6:30 pm on Sunday, July 29.
- Meals on the trip will not be certified as kosher, but vegetarian options will be available.
- Participants must be able to step on and off of the bus and to transport themselves short distances from the bus to the doors of the destination.
For questions or more information, please contact: Rebecca Ende Lichtenberg, Managing Director
Rebecca@theaterj.org or call 202.777.3229.