Synagogues throughout the Washington, DC region can take advantage of having the nation’s pre-eminent Jewish theater in their neighborhood by bringing congregants to Theater J to see a play together. Through this partnership, synagogues can offer their congregants an opportunity for deeper engagement with their community and with a wide range of Jewish culture. Synagogues can choose dates for the full season or for individual shows.
Theater J provides:
- discounted tickets for congregants that can be sold as a group or reserved individually by congregants through Theater J;
- free tickets for clergy and an invitation for clergy to lead a discussion after the performance;
- all of the needed materials to publicize the events.
For synagogues who would like Theater J to come to them, Adam Immerwahr, Theater J’s Artistic Director, is happy to visit. A dynamic speaker, Adam is comfortable connecting with synagogues by:
- speaking from the bimah;
- leading an informative “How to Watch a Play” workshop;
- being a featured speaker for synagogue groups of all sorts.
There is no charge for any of these visits. Theater J also offers a short workshop program for teens, using the tools of theater to enrich their Jewish education.
To learn more, email Laurie Levy-Page, Director of Marketing and Communications.