Theater J, the nation’s premier Jewish theater company, and JxJ, a multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film Festival and the Washington Jewish Music Festival, seek a Ticket Office and Front of House Manager to manage the Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) Arts Ticket Office and front of house staff.
Theater J and JxJ are arts programs within the Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC), which provides educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs to the DC community inside and outside the beltway.
Since 2019, Theater J and JxJ collaborate on a centralized Ticket Office which serves both programs’ customers and is run by the Ticket Office and Front of House Manager (TOM). The Ticket Office and Front of House Manager works closely with Theater J’s Director of Patron Services and JxJ’s Managing Director in overseeing the many events of the Theater J and JxJ seasons.
- Administrating and managing the ticket office.
- Assisting Director of Patron Services and Director of Communication and Operations in recruiting and hiring staff.
- Scheduling, training, and supervising ticket office and front-of-house staff.
- Using Spektrix ticketing software to sell tickets, Theater J subscriptions, and JxJ passes and memberships.
- Supporting Theater J and JxJ-specific events
- Providing insights for and feedback on Theater J marketing efforts
- Serving as the first line of customer service to all patrons.
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Experience managing, supervising, or organizing people, professionally or otherwise
- Familiarity with theater, music, film, or other live performance events or organization
- Exceptional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks during both periods of increased pressure, such as pre-show, and periods of slower workflow
- Flexibility of schedule, this is a full-time position, but night and weekend shifts will be necessary during Theater J productions and JxJ events
- Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) or point of sale (POS) software, and comfortable learning new computer systems. Familiarity with Spektrix is a plus, but not a requirement
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Jasmine Jones, Director of Patron Services, Theater J at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Ticket Office and Front of House Manager”
Duration: Full-Time, Salaried
Benefits: Generous health, vacation, and retirement benefits. Transportation and gym access benefits.
Start Date: November 13, 2023 (in person)
The EDCJCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage individuals from historically underrepresented communities to apply.