Box Office Information
|Theater J’s Box Office is open from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday for phone sales ONLY. During the 18-19 season, the box office facilities at 1529 16th Street (the EDCJCC) are CLOSED. All walk-up purchases and will call will take place on site at the performance venue. See notes below for each of our venues.
Box office locations:
The Pianist of Willesden Lane at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Located in the Hall of States, down the hall from the Family Theater. This is the location to purchase and for Will Call.
Actually at Arena Stage. Theater J’s box office and Will Call will be located outside the Kogod Cradle on the second level beginning one hour before each performance. Actually tickets may NOT be purchased or picked up at the box office on the ground level.
Talley’s Folly at GALA Hispanic Theatre. Take the elevator or stairs to the second floor and follow signs to GALA Hispanic. Walk-up purchase and will call will begin one hour prior to the performance.
The Jewish Queen Lear at Georgetown University. Located just inside the main entrance to the Davis Performing Arts Center.Walk-up purchase and will call will begin one hour prior to the performance.
Box Office Policies
- All sales are final; no refunds.
- Single tickets may be exchanged into another performance of the same production for a $10 fee, subject to ticket availability (does not apply to tickets purchased for The Pianist of Willesden Lane). Exchanges to more expensive dates are subject to the difference in price between the dates. No refunds or credit are given for exchanges to less expensive dates.
- If you cannot use your tickets, you can donate them back to Theater J as a tax-deductible donation. Please contact the box office before your scheduled date to make the donation. Tickets purchased for subscriber add-ons or through the Kennedy Center box office cannot be donated.
- Subscribers receive unlimited exchanges within the same price tier, subject to ticket availability. Exchanges to more expensive dates are subject to the difference in price between the dates. No refunds or credit are given for exchanges to less expensive dates. For subscriber Add-On performances, please give us advance notice: 48 hours for weekday performances and by Friday at 1 PM for all weekend performances.
- “Free Refill” tickets for subscription package holders can be reserved after the original ticket has been used, within the same price tier and subject to availability. Subscribers will be asked to show their IDs when picking up “Free Refill” tickets. Benefit does not apply to Flex Pass tickets, The Pianist of Willesden Lane or to subscriber Add-On performances.
- Discount offers may not be combined.
- All patrons must have a ticket.
- No children under five years of age are admitted to the theater.
Late Arrival Policy
Patrons who have not claimed their tickets as of the scheduled starting time of the show forfeit their original seat assignment and will be reseated into available seats at the discretion of the management at an appropriate break in the show. We do not guarantee that late patrons will be able to claim their original seating assignment at intermission.
Cancellation & Inclement Weather Policy
If a show is cancelled due to inclement weather, that information will be updated on our home page and on the Box Office phone line. Cancellations are rare and are usually decided late in the afternoon for an evening event. When a show is cancelled due to inclement weather, refunds or exchanges will be assessed at that time. Based on availability, tickets will be exchanged for another performance of the same production, or refunded if no alternative date is possible.
If a performance is NOT cancelled, but severe weather interferes with attendance, exchanges may be offered for another performance of the same production, based on availability. Refunds are not offered when an event has taken place.